Wednesday 6 November 2013

Brief 11: Ideas and Organising myself

I had this idea a few weeks ago but have been in the process of sorting everything out (and still am). The main idea for this project is to create a range of alternative Christmas postcards (depending on who wants to take part, I am hoping around 32 students due to print efficiency) that will then be sold in events at College or, if I can, at Colours May Vary or Village, as well as on an online shop. The cards will be designed by third years on the Graphic Design course, and the students will have a choice of creating either a type based or illustration based card that takes inspiration from a chosen Christmas film or song.
The postcards will be A6 in size, and have a single colour design, either printed in red or green, typically festive colours. However, I want the cards to be either screen printed or risographed for a quality finish that will appeal to an audience of younger adult creatives who have an interest in Christmas popular culture, because who doesn't love Christmas music and film?
I believe that this project can be successful as the designs will be different from the usual festive offerings. I have already spoken to a few people including some tutors about this project in tutorials and crits who seemed very positive about the brief.

Products that I want to produce for this brief:
The cards, (I will create one myself, and the 31 others will be designed by other students)
Logo and identity for the project
Promotional items such as posters/flyers/stickers
Online shop / Social media to promote the online shop and cause

The charity I will be donating the proceedings to will be Simon on The Streets.

Things to be done:
Create the full identity for the brief
Get a more detailed quote from the printers
Ask the college about postage
Brief the students
Create the online shop
Print the cards
Talk to college about a potential event
Talk to Village/ Colours May Vary about a potential event
Keep on top of incoming and outgoing costs, research this in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment