Sunday 9 March 2014

Design Context Publication

As soon as this part of Extended Practice was briefed, I knew that I wanted to focus on something which has had a great influence on me in the past couple of years. Recently, I have become more and more obsessed with book design and in particular, the design of the book cover. There are some amazingly influential designers working in this field right now, including Atelier Dyakova, Peter Mendelsund and Coralie Bickford Smith, and I am really interested in creating a project based on this subject, exploring theirs and other covers which I have found to be of great importance to me and my practice.

At this stage it should seem a given that I would create a physical book that included their book covers, but I would also like to explore other publication formats. This is more for practical reasons at this stage, as I am concerned about producing something that is finished to a professional standard, and so this may need to be sent off and printed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment