Sunday 2 March 2014

Brief 16: Dialogue Design

After searching the interwebs for older ladies gossiping, I found this little gem that I think is pretty great, and a little less obvious, focussing not on direct interaction and dialogue but eavesdropping and listening to others. Sad as it may be, there is a great amount of entertainment to be had from listening in on other people's conversations, Perhaps not in this way, which would make me quite the loser, but this image is funny and I think it represents the idea of eavesdropping quite well.  Eve mentioned that so far they need more drawings than vector/halftone images, and as I don't want to worry about sourcing a non copyrighted image and am a bit rubbish with vectors, I decided to create a line drawing. I used the image below to sketch from, but have decided to leave out the background and just focus on the woman. The negative space in the image will allow the print that it is paired with to show through.
Final Design

Considering I challenged myself to get this done in a morning, I am pleased with the outcome and hope that it will look effective once printed. I used a sketchy, loose effect because I enjoy drawing in that style and thought it might look different from the more formal vector and halftone photographic images being sent in. I quite like the idea that placed in an exhibition it might look like the lady is kind of somehow trying to eavesdrop on the print next to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment