Saturday 8 February 2014

Brief #8 Development of the new idea


This is the development of my new concept. I am happy with the imagery and typeface chosen, but am unsure of the composition and the background colour.

I have used a black and white image of Alfred Hitchcock digging a grave, as the photo is stylish and clear. For obvious reasons I have cut Hitchcock out of the image, as he has nothing to do with the novel. It also means that the image becomes more ambiguous and intriguing, which works because there are several characters that dig their own graves in the book, not just one.

I have chosen to use the Knockout typeface as it is clean and neutral, which works well on a novel targeted at adults, as well as being bold enough to grab the viewers attention on the shelf. I decided to try working with red as it's bold, and links to the drama and bloodshed.

I will show these designs in a mini crit to see what people's feedback is.

No comments:

Post a Comment